What You'll Learn:
- The module covering GST/HST and QST will provide attendees with a summary of the most important issues posed by Canada's value-added taxes. Topics will include which taxes to charge and under what circumstances, documentation requirements and common pitfalls when claiming input tax credits. In addition, we will highlight the rules for the self-assessment of tax and the restriction of input tax credits on certain types of expenses.
- The module on Canadian Property Tax will highlight the diversity of the Canadian property tax landscape and the timelines and opportunities for mitigating property tax costs. The presentation will provide an overview on property tax matters from coast to coast and emphasize that Canadian property tax management requires a specialized understanding of the rules and regulations of each province and municipality. Topics will include relevant deadlines, valuation methodologies, understanding assessment authorities, and approaches to minimize property taxation.
- The module highlighting SR&ED and Government Funding will provide an overview of available programs, eligibility criteria, expenditures that can be claimed, practical examples of qualifying items, and recent developments in the administration of such programs.
- The Canadian and International Income Tax module will compare and contrast the Canadian income tax system with the U.S. regime.
- The module covering Transfer Pricing will provide an overview of our capabilities and relevant experience in working with multinational corporations on complex transfer pricing and valuation issues, with particular emphasis on recent transfer pricing controversy audit results and what the IRS and CRA are focused on.
8:30 a.m. – Breakfast (included)
9:00 a.m. – Understanding GST/HST and QST
11:00 a.m. – Canadian Property Tax
Noon – Lunch (included)
1:00 p.m. – SR&ED/Government Funding
2:15 p.m. – Canadian and International Income Tax
3:30 p.m. – Transfer Pricing
4:30 p.m. – End of day
If you have any questions about this training session, please contact Tanvi Ponkshé at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training will take place at The Westin New York at Times Square, 270 West 43rd Street, New York, New York 10036, on the 8th floor.
Below you will find a map and link to get directions: